Welcome to English 10!
This course is about grammar, writing, literature, study skills, and thinking skills. Everything you need is somewhere here on this site, including benchmarks, rubrics, contact information and notes. Here are some of our Learning Targets:
1. I can read to understand an author’s purpose in fiction and nonfiction
2. I can give substantial evidence of the ability to present knowledge to answer the assigned questions.
3. I can fully support inferences and opinions with clearly relevant, balanced research.
4. I can appropriately and accurately cite research.
5. I can summarize the plot of literature.
6. I can write routinely over extended time periods for a range of audiences and purposes.
For more detail, read the syllabus here: